Al-Manara College of Medical Sciences signs a memorandum of understanding and scientific and academic cooperation with one of the Hungarian universities
In line with the development of friendly international cooperation in accordance with the mutual interests in developing programs of academic and scholarly exchanges and for the purpose of establishing a long-term mutually beneficial association, with highly recognized, esteemed, and top ranked global universities and academic institutions. Al-Manara College of Medical Sciences signed a MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING with the Semmelweis University-Hungary. Both Parties (Al-Manara (First party, and Semmelwies University (Second party)) have agreed to cooperate in the following:
1. The Second Party intends to help the First Party in the area of strengthening teaching capacities at the First Party, with special regards to medical sciences displines (e.g. all branches of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Nursing).
2. The Parties shall encourage the exchange of various visits between both Parties’ staff members and students in order to strengthen the scope of this MOU.
3. The Parties intend to cooperate in developing plans and materials for the corresponding disciplines.
4. The Parties intend to hold training workshops to develop skills of teachers and technicians in the areas of teaching methods.
5. Second Party intends to receive academic and scientific staff from the First Party to develop/strengthen research capacities 6. The Second Party expresses its intention to receive dentistry students for the last year of their studies, The form of certification of the studies is yet to be examined.
7. The Second Party expresses its intention to receive medical students for the last two years of their studies. The form of certification of the studies is yet to be examined.
8. The Second Party intends to receive students for PhD studies at SU 9. Either Party may propose other areas of cooperation, which should be agreed upon by the representatives of both Parties.
10. The Parties intend to foster the training of faculty, staff, and graduates of the First Party at the Second Party’s campus. Such programs might include, but are not limited to, cycle medical training program, for hospital managers, health policy officials, and other educational programs as agreed by both Parties.
11. The Second Party intends to provide technical assistance in implementing single cycle medical training program, capacity development: curriculum development, train the trainers program.
12. The Second Party intends to provide technical assistance in establishing a teaching hospital and in capacity development: training the staff, SU staff visits in Iraq for demonstration surgery on a rotational basis, improving managerial capabilities to manage the hospital efficiently.
13. The Second Party expresses its interests in its involvement and participation in the operation of a local private clinic, which could serve as a satellite clinic of SU, treating patients on site or organizing medical trips of local patients to Hungary. A detailed program may be prepared upon the entry of cooperation in this point.
14. The Second Party intends to provide technical assistance to establishing a Health Services Management Training Center at the First Party’s training centers.
15. The Second Party intends to hold training workshops in the laboratory quality and conditions for approving good laboratory according to local and international standards.